Monday, February 25, 2013

Brows For Days



I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a pretty fun weekend hanging out with some good friends that I don't see often enough! This is the result of hanging out with my favorite drag queen....


Jimmy and I filled in each other's eyebrows and had a good laugh after we finished. Speaking of eyebrows, I had two clients and a good friend ask about my brows and how I get them to look the way they do (not like the picture!). 

I think your eyebrows really make your face and just pull everything together whether you have your going out makeup on or your everyday simple makeup on. Everyday I fill in my brows. Even on days when I'm running late and don't put on makeup, I always make sure to at least fill in my eyebrows because I love the way it looks.

There are a lot of great eyebrow kits you can buy at Sephora or Ulta such as Brow Zings by Benefit Cosmetics.

With this product you can mix the two colors together to get the perfect shade for your eyebrows. Mix more of the dark brown with the light for a darker shade and vice versa for a lighter shade. If you don't want to spend the money on a kit, use what you have from home. When I'm in a pinch I just use a dark brown eyeshadow from one of my pallets. Just make sure whatever shadow you use doesn't have a shimmer to it. I like to use a thin angled brush to shade my brows just right.


Here is my eyebrow before filling it in and after. The difference isn't super dramatic and still looks natural. Sometime when I go out on the weekends and I do want a more dramatic look, I fill my eyebrows in a little darker than usual. Just like anything else, practice makes perfect! I also only wax my eyebrows about once every 6-8 months and tweeze the rest of the time. Try filling in your brows for the day and see what a difference it makes on your appearance!

For the rest of my weekend I went on a bar crawl with some friends on East 6th St. and had a lazy Oscar watching Sunday. I highly recommend going to Jack Allen's Kitchen on Sunday morning for their brunch buffet. I think my eyes were bigger than my stomach that morning but it was so good! 



Who were your favorite dressed celebs from the Oscars? Mine were Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Aniston, and Nicole Kidman.



I'm hoping this week flies by and this crazy Texas wind dies down! I'm also in the process of changing my hair color again... pictures to come once it's finished! Happy Monday everyone :)


2 comments:

  1. Jennifer Aniston was one of my favs too. I also loved Charlize, thought she looked perfect!! What do you think of her pixie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your makeup tips and your eyebrow tutorial. I'll have to give it a try. The pic of you and your friend... whoooaaa those are some heavy duty brows!

    ReplyDelete