Thursday, February 28, 2013

In A Pinch?


One of my readers told me I should make a post about those in a pinch moments we all have. I think we have all been on a first date and you're wondering how dark your mouth looks from all the red wine you've been drinking. Or you made it all the way to another city for vacation or work and you forgot your makeup bag! As vain as it all may sound, it's horrible and a helpless feeling! 

I've come up with a few helpful tips to help you get through these tough times (ha!)...

Okay, so we will start with the red wine. My sister and I have this joke that after we start drinking red wine we have George Washington's mouth or a mouth of a peasant from the 18th Century. We both have super white teeth normally but red wine completely stains the teeth and mouth! If you can get away on your date or where ever you are, I really love these red wine mouth wipes. I found these at Spec's but I'm sure you can find them at any liquor store or super store. They are about 6 bucks and totally worth it if you are a wine drinker.
I love these too because on the inside of the container is a little mirror to help you out. The wipes are so small you can even sneak doing this in public if you are brave enough like I've done before. They don't taste the best, but get the job done!


Let's just hope whoever you are out with or dating won't judge you for your 18th Century mouth.




So after your date you are leaving the next morning for a work trip and you left your makeup bag at home! That red wine really got to you. This has happened to me before and you really don't want to go a few days without makeup but you also don't want to spend a fortune buying temporary makeup. All you have to do is buy the essentials. All you need is a liquid foundation, a creme blush, and mascara. Especially if it's a trip for work or a weekend get away, you most likely only need simple makeup for your everyday look and not a nighttime look. 

Make it to your nearest Wal-Mart and buy my favorite drugstore items all for around $25!







I love the Revlon PhotoReady makeup because it always looks so natural. Use your fingers to apply this to your face. You want to use it sparingly because the warmth from your fingers tips will help spread it evenly. I usually always have a powder in my purse (which I wouldn't have forgotten in my makeup bag) and I would dust that on top. If you don't have a powder, don't fret! You can go without it for a few days. If you feel you are getting oily during the day and don't have your powder, take a piece of toilet paper and pull apart the sheets if it is two-ply. Gently dab the paper on the oily parts of your face.

Next, use the Maybelline Dreamy Bouncy blush as your blush and lip color. Is is a creme based blush so it is super easy to use with your fingers. Dab your pointer and middle finger into it and gently dab onto the apples of your cheeks. This blush comes in all different pretty colors. Then, using a little bit more of the blush than you did for your cheeks, swipe across your lips. I know you most likely have a chapstick or a lipgloss in your purse you can put on over it. 

Then, use the Covergirl LashBlast mascara. This is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras that will make your lashes look long and thick. If you want to spend a couple extra bucks, buy a thin angled brush and use the mascara as your eyeliner too. Take the mascara wand out of the tube and then dab your angled brush on it to get the extra product off. You can use that easily as an eyeliner. It may be a little harder to wash off at night, but also gets the job done for an in a pinch moment!

Those are just a couple of my little tricks that I have used over the years. What's your favorite in a pinch trick? Has there been a moment when you needed a quick fix and weren't sure what to do? I want to know!











1 comment:

  1. Love your tips! I will look for some of the wine wipes. I've gone to the dollar store for a lipstick or nail polish.. they may not be what I want to use longterm but it gets me thru in a pinch!

    ReplyDelete