Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tease It To What?

I know some people are wondering what the phrase "tease it to Jesus" means so I will explain! In cosmetology school we were all really into big hair. I LOVE big hair and seriously can't get enough of it. So to get my hair big and voluminous I tease it (back combing) with a brush at the root of my hair. I'm sure you have heard the phrase "the higher the hair, the closer to God" well in school it was "tease it to Jesus" so there you go!


I want to share this phrase with you all because it really means something to me! Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in things or people to distract you from other things in your life that are really important. I will be the first to admit that I am guilty of that and get too wrapped up in things that shouldn't be at the top of my priority list. With that being said, I think it's so important to stick to your goals and dreams FIRST and take everything that comes with it second. 

Today was my big move in day and it went way better and faster than I expected. If anyone in the Austin area is moving I would call Longoria Moving company. I have used them 3 times since being in Austin and it makes moving SO much easier!


This is my cute little apartment that I moved into and I really love it!



Today was slow, rainy day at the salon but saw a couple of clients. I had a woman come in who's hair was just completely matted to her head and was full of tangles. It took me a good 15 minutes to just brush her hair out before we washed it. I took a few inches of length off with some long layers and it made a WORLD of difference for her. Oh my gosh I couldn't even believe it. She also said that she washes her hair once a week (which is okay for SOME hair types) and when she does she sometimes only rinses and doesn't use shampoo and conditioner. 

I am telling you hair products can do wonders for your hair and the health of your hair. And they have to be GOOD products! Not the kind that you can get from the grocery store. Organic products are getting bigger everywhere and it's definitely the next big thing as far as hair care goes. At my salon we are organic and we use all organic hair color as well as hair products.

I used to not even be a believer in products that you can only purchase in the salon but I am 100% a believer now. Even my mom who knows absolutely nothing about hair commented on how healthy my hair looks the last time I went home. They seem expensive and you think you can get the same thing at the grocery store but that is not true at all. The difference between salon products and grocery store products are the ingredients. The stuff you buy at Wal-Mart has alcohol and sulfates and all kind of bad stuff for your hair. 

Here are a few of my FAVORITE products and what makes my hair shiny and moisturized...


This is the Kevin Murphy Hydrate Me Wash and Rinse. This is an all organic shampoo and conditioner that is going to put a lot of moisture back into your hair. Since I have ombre hair and my ends are lighter they are pretty dry, especially in the winter! This stuff makes my hair feel awesome.


This stuff is AWESOME! It is called Marrakesh Oil and you can buy it on Amazon.com. I do one pump into my palm and rub it together and put it at the ends of my hair. Whatever I have left over on my hands I run across the top of my hair. Sometimes oils freak people out thinking it makes their hair greasy but knowing how much to use and what to use is key. This makes my hair so shiny and I love it!


If you are into volume like I am (bigger the hair the better) then this is the product for you. I squirt a big snowball size of it into my hands, rub together and put at the base of my hair. Blow dry your hair all the way upside down and your hair is going to be huge... Just how I like it!

What are your favorite products to use? That is my regimen for now but it's always good to change it up! Don't be afraid to try something new and remember, you get what you pay for! Can't stress that enough... Saving one head of hair at a time!

Happy Hump Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment